- Remove your hoops before you get into in the shower / bath
- Remove your hoops before going to sleep
- It is preferable not to wear jewellery items while working in the house or garden, or while swimming (in salt or chlorinated water) & during sports
- Fragrance and hairspray can diminish the sheen of jewellery. We advise customers to spray fragrances / hair sprays prior to putting on hoops
- Put your make-up on and body creams before you put your hoops on
- Silver jewellery should be kept in a dark, cool, dry place. The reason is that over time, sterling silver, will naturally oxidise, will eventually tarnish from the sulphur in the atmosphere. Many centuries ago, silver retained its shine for longer because there was little or no pollution
- Storing silver jewellery in our 'hoops inside' pouch will keep out the air which causes oxidation
- Our silver jewellery is rhodium plated to protect the metal from exposure, helping to prevent tarnishing
Cleaning your hoops
- To clean your sterling silver, nickel-free jewellery, use special dipping baths. Never use ‘silver cutlery’ dipping baths or use ‘gold jewellery’ dipping baths! We advise you to immerse the hoops for around 10 seconds and yhen rinse them thoroughly under hot water. Rub dry with a cloth or use a hairdryer
- Soap, creams and make-up residues can be removed using an ultrasound device. The ultrasound device should not contain aggressive cleaning agents. For the best results, use water and a neutral detergent.
- Oxidised hoops (black in colour) should not be cleaned using a silver dipping bath or polished with a silver cloth, as these may remove the blackening colour
If you are allergic to sterling silver or gold-plated hoop earrings (some people get a rash or an itchy reaction), paint some clear nail varnish directly onto the earring post and butterflies. Eventually, this will wear off, just re-apply it.